Why is it so hard to get Stromer spares and accessories?

GoodbyeHarmony
Veteraan | Forum Supporter
Great Britain
Merk SP: Stromer st5
Km-stand: 25000

Apologies for English I am in the UK

Have https://www.fietsenvanstenis.nl/ gone?

I am trying to get winter tyres for my ST5. My UK dealer sent me useless 700c tyres and has been incapable, so I ordered from Fetsenvanstenis.nl who told me mid December and to pay through bank transfer. I paid, now site unavailable and not answering emails.

I am having no luck!

Tim
GoodbyeHarmony
Great Britain

And is if by magic the site reappears...

Have tried to delete original post.

Thanks
Tim
Stromeur
Admin | Forum Supporter
Admin | Forum Supporter
Netherlands
Merk SP: Stromer ST3 PINION SE

Yeah the website just came up again. Just give them a call and ask :ay
Stromer ST1 X 2017 - Stromer ST2 S 2018 - Klever X ALPHA 45 2021 - Stromer ST3 PINON 2023
FreddyH
Veteraan
Veteraan
Netherlands
Merk SP: Klever X-Speed α

Their contact info is on the site, I would give them a call:

Fietsen van Stenis
info@fietsenvanstenis.nl
0575-52 31 05
Rijksstraatweg 80
7231 AH Warnsveld
🇺🇦
There was never a good war, or a bad peace :bn:
[Benjamin Franklin]
GoodbyeHarmony
Great Britain

Thanks have done. Still waiting for stock from Stromer.

Thank you
Tim
GoodbyeHarmony
Great Britain

Sorry for English post - I am in the UK.

I am a proud and happy ST 5 owner since July in the UK.

Since September I have tried to get TW757 winter tyres. My UK dealer first sent 700c 48mm tyres and then Cycl-e ST summer tyres from an ST3, claiming that’s what Stromer sent them.

So I give up: Order a set of TW757 with Fietsen van Stenis in Holland. I pay up front bank transfer they tell me delivery mid December.

No tyres. Chase them and now told Stromer are having problems it will be nine months. They offer 50mm Pirelli instead: not compatible. I have requested my money back.

Contacting Stromer on social media their attitude is ‘dealer problems are nothing to do with us’

To spend so much on a bike and no after sales service is awful.

Is this common or am I just unlucky?

UPDATE: I asked Stromer originally when TW757 would be available: Beginning December. Now they are saying... April. They do not understand why this, or my dealer experience, is causing me annoyance.

Tim
Stromeur
Admin | Forum Supporter
Admin | Forum Supporter
Netherlands

So, the TW757 is no longer at stock with Stromer. As a consequence, it's only a matter of time before all the dealers that do keep the TW757 in stock are sold out too.

New stock TW757 tires need to be fabricated, shipped to Stromer, next shipped to the dealers and apparently it takes longer than expected. Normally, most Stromer parts are on stock. But these things can happen and they do, with all manufacturers.

It sucks, but there is not much you can do about it.
Stromer ST1 X 2017 - Stromer ST2 S 2018 - Klever X ALPHA 45 2021 - Stromer ST3 PINON 2023
GoodbyeHarmony
Great Britain

It’s not just the tyres, though. I’m experiencing lag with all Stromer parts and requests for service. Have been waiting more than a month for a new TMM sensor plate,

Also if they say December, one expects December. Particularly as they advertise these on the web site and with the stock Pirelli’s being so bad in wet weather.

I guess I should just hope they make a Top Contact Winter in 57mm for next year...

Cheers
Tim
Laatst gewijzigd door GoodbyeHarmony op 23 dec 2020, 21:32, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Stromeur
Admin | Forum Supporter
Admin | Forum Supporter
Netherlands

GoodbyeHarmony schreef: 23 dec 2020, 21:30 It’s not just the tyres, though. I’m experiencing lag with all Stromer parts and requests for service. Have been waiting more than a month for a new TMM sensor plate
That should not take this long. Any decent Stromer dealer will have these plates on stock or should be willing to take one out of a stock- or demo-Stromerbike to service you as their customer.
GoodbyeHarmony schreef: 23 dec 2020, 21:30 Also if they say December, one expects December.
Yes, I agree. Giving bad estimates when something is out of stock does happen to Stromer more often than we appreciate... COVID will not help, but it also happened before that.
GoodbyeHarmony
Great Britain

Of the dealers in the UK when I tried to buy the bike, only one was interested, and the after sales support is dire.

My cassette locknut vibrated free and the liberated sprockets destroyed the seal on the sensor.

Our dealers here are terrible, I think they prefer to sell other brands.

Thanks
Tim
Plaats reactie