Replacing the Crank set

Plaats reactie
per-larsen
Rookie
Rookie

Hi
Such a nice forum you have here. There is no equivalent to it in Denmark, which is why I am using this page. Sorry about the english language but I do not speak or write in your language. Chrome autotranslate helps me to read it though.

I recently crashed on my ST1X 2019 while taking a turn with too much speed. Just before it happened I was hit by a small shower. I guess those tires loose quite a lot of grip in damp conditions :-( In the crash I bent the right crank arm so I have to replace it. The chain ring is still straight so its only the arm. Do any of you know the exact name of the crankset on the bike?

Thanks
Per Larsen
Denmark
Stromeur
Admin | Forum Supporter
Admin | Forum Supporter
Netherlands
Merk SP: Stromer ST3 PINION SE

Welcome! :ay
per-larsen schreef: 30 apr 2019, 08:20 Just before it happened I was hit by a small shower. I guess those tires loose quite a lot of grip in damp conditions :-(
Wet roads are always dangerous, especially after a period of dry weather. You really need to slow down while making a turn or braking.

The Schwalbe Big Ben tires are pretty okay, but for sure not the ultimate choice in wet conditions. You may want to change them for another brand/type once they are worn out.

I hope you did not get injured?
per-larsen schreef: 30 apr 2019, 08:20 In the crash I bent the right crank arm so I have to replace it. The chain ring is still straight so its only the arm. Do any of you know the exact name of the crankset on the bike?
According to the Stromer website, your ST1 X has an FSA Omega 52T crankset. Isn't there any additional information on the inside of the crank? (Mine has, including a barcode sticker and serial number, but it's another model than yours.)
Stromer ST1 X 2017 - Stromer ST2 S 2018 - Klever X ALPHA 45 2021 - Stromer ST3 PINON 2023
FreddyH
Veteraan
Veteraan
Netherlands
Merk SP: Klever X-Speed α

Stromeur schreef: 30 apr 2019, 21:34 You really need to slow down while making a turn or braking.
You're not kidding :bj
🇺🇦
There was never a good war, or a bad peace :bn:
[Benjamin Franklin]
Stromeur
Admin | Forum Supporter
Admin | Forum Supporter
Netherlands

*Gives FreddyH a heuse Kopstoot

Oh no, can't reach that :bu:
Stromer ST1 X 2017 - Stromer ST2 S 2018 - Klever X ALPHA 45 2021 - Stromer ST3 PINON 2023
Stromeur
Admin | Forum Supporter
Admin | Forum Supporter
Netherlands

FreddyH schreef: 30 apr 2019, 21:37 You're not kidding :bj
But what I meant, Mister Smart Guy, is to at least stop pedaling while taking a turn, don't do the same speed in rain that you are used to in dry weather.
FreddyH
Veteraan
Veteraan
Netherlands
Merk SP: Klever X-Speed α

Stromeur schreef: 30 apr 2019, 21:39 But what I meant, Mister Smart Guy, is to at least stop pedaling while taking a turn, don't do the same speed in rain that you are used to in dry weather.
I know, but couldn't help myself ;p . Especially in the first rain after weeks of dry weather, roads tend to get very slippery.
🇺🇦
There was never a good war, or a bad peace :bn:
[Benjamin Franklin]
Plaats reactie